Monday, November 01, 2004

At church, my elder/brother-in-law mentioned to me that he was hoping some kid had stolen his pumpkins. I couldn't agree more. I mean, what are you supposed to do with them? They are not easy to recycle if you live in an apartment with no dumpster like we do.

But having someone with such authority over my wife confirm my plan was all I needed in way of encouragement. When we got home, I stealthly moved to the back of the line of Babbitts moving up the stairs. Naturally, my wife turns around and gives me a "you better not!" look, to which I respond, "Keep moving!" She eventually complies and I'm left on the street with what sounds like a riot of treak-or-treaters.

Lifting up our huge craved pumpkin into my arms, I call out "anybody want a pumpkin?" Immediately, a big husky teenager shows up. "Yeah!" "Perfect!" I thought to myself. "Here, take this somewhere and have some fun with it."

I didn't have to tell him twice. He called to his friends excitedly and they called back even more excitedly. And I've never seen someone sprint away so fast with a big fat pumpkin in his arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home