Monday, April 02, 2007

I bought my kids a DVD of some episodes of the old Monkees TV show. I was 5-7 years old at the time they were on our television. There were still black and white shows on, then. My sisters and I used to get up and dance to the musical number that the Monkees sometimes had at the end of the show. I remember the girls discussing who was the cutest and the boys discussing who was the coolest until some cynical adult telling us they were just actors.

The episodes on the DVD were very sloppily written and acted - the story lines go nowhere and the actors only half-way remember their lines. But my ten-year-old likes them, so that almost makes up for the fact that the DVD cost $16 at Cracker Barrel.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home